« Home | Using The Power Of Craigslist To Explode Your Conv... » | The Key To Internet Business Success - Internet Ma... » | Internet Marketing Articles - How Do You Overcome ... » | Article Marketing For Profit - Some Places Where Y... » | Article Marketing - Do You Want to See Your Articl... » | Amazing Article Marketing - Latest 3 Phenomenal Me... » | Why Blog? » | Making Money with Your Blog! » | Viral marketing is a methods of list building » | Article Marketing on the Internet is a whole diffe... » 

Friday, August 29, 2008 

Marketing Lessons Learned From My 13 Year Old Daughter

I never thought with all my years of business success, that I would ever learn anything about marketing from any of my kids. But I was proven wrong. My younger daughter showed me that even at her young age that she knows more than most people will ever know about marketing her business.

Here is a prime example. There is a local indoor soccer facility where both my sons play and practice. Usually when I take them there, my daughter comes with me.

Almost every time we go there she leaves with a babysitting job.

I was curious how she was able to do this with so many other eligible babysitters around and she told me how she was playing in the play area (it's a climbing area for really little kids). I told her I thought she was a little old to be playing there.

But then she let me in on her secret. She said that the play area is where her potential customers hang out. By going in there and interacting with the kids, the parents get to witness first hand how she will interact with their kids. She doesn't have to approach the parents to ask them for a job. They come to her practically begging for her services once they see how comfortable the kids are with her. Also, some of the kids ask their parents when they will get to see her again. She is growing an incredible business with no advertising and doing it completely offline.

This is the perfect business model and made even easier with the Internet. You hang out in places where your potential customers (i.e. target market) hang out. I usually like to go into marketing forums, user groups (for networking and marketing), offline business groups and other networking avenues. Surrounding myself with these people and making connections is a great way to build up your network of potential customers/distributors. Then you establish yourself as a leader in these groups by providing real content and not just pushing your opportunity and yourself on these people. They will start to see the value that you can bring and will want to work with you. Once this has happened, people will beg you to join your organization and even if they don't join you right away, if you have formed a real relationship with these people they will want to see you again sometime. Maybe then the timing will be right.

Follow this model and you will reap major rewards.

And who knows, you may even get a babysitting gig out of it.

To our success,

Chuck Abbott

Chuck Abbott hosts a free weekly teleseminar series called Follow My Success. He presents a different marketing leader each week who will show you how to market your business in ways that will bring you the maximum returns. Go to http://www.followmysuccess.com for more details.

About me

  • I'm bum-marketing---my-story76285
  • From
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Edit me!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates